Are you thinking about putting a fireplace in your bedroom? Or, maybe you’re just confused about whether placing a fireplace in a bedroom is even a good idea. Fear not; we’ve got it all covered. We’ve created this article to furnish you with the best fireplace ideas for your bedroom.
Also, we’ve included electric fireplaces in our list for those worrying about the fire hazards of using a wooden fireplace. In short, with our top five best bedroom fireplace ideas, you can rest assured and enjoy the warmth of the fireplace without stressing about you and your home’s safety.
So, without any further ado, let’s jump into the article.
5 Best Bedroom Fireplace Ideas
1. Ameriwood Home Farmington Electric Fireplace TV Console
Ameriwood Home Farmington Electric Fireplace TV Console is an excellent addition to your bedroom. This fireplace comes in two sizes, 50 inches and 60 inches in width. Another great thing about this model is the inbuilt TV console. Also, there are extra compartments on both sides of the fireplace where you can keep books.
Furthermore, the fireplace is remote-controlled for ease of use. The total weight of the product is nearly 150 pounds. If you’re a big fan of a classic-looking fireplace, Ameriwood is the way to go. It has an old and rustic look with a farmhouse-style design. Also, the company designs the products with small living space in mind resulting in a compact fireplace suitable for most bedrooms.
- Rusty, weathered oak, and ivory oak look
- Easy cleaning using a dry cloth
- Heats room up to 400 square feet
- Remote controlled 23 inches electric fireplace
- Queen size headboard
- Option between four or six-drawer options
- Equipped with storage spaces for DVD, video game consoles, and cable box
- Color choice from rustic gray, natural, rustic, or sandy pine
- Well explained manual on how to assemble
- Minimum of two adults are required for assembly
- Complicated and time-consuming assembly process
2. Touchstone 80004 – The Sideline Electric Fireplace
Touchstone 80004 is another beautiful wall mounting electric fireplace. This fireplace lets you have a cozy atmosphere like a wooden fireplace. Also, you can choose from five realistic-looking flames with a natural fire look. The dimension of this fireplace is 50.4 x 5.5 x 21.5 inches.
You can easily install the fireplace in any part of your house. This is because there are clear instructions for installations. In addition, the framing studs make it easy to attach to a wall. However, if you want a smooth and seamless job, you can get the help of professionals for this assembly.
The operation of this fireplace is also easier than ever. You can control it via remote control from the comfort of your bed or use a pre-defined timer. The fireplace will automatically shut down after the defined time interval.
- Heats up to 500 square feet of room
- Can be subdued to bright flame settings
- Three color options orange, blue, and blue-orange
- Comes with one year of warranty
- Comes with five flame intensity setting
- Front heating vent
- Safe around children and pets
- Lacks thermostat
3. TURBRO Suburbs TS20 Electric Fireplace Infrared Heater
TURBRO Suburbs TS20 is another excellent indoor fireplace that suits your bedroom. You can experience realistic flames with a three-sided panoramic design. Also, it has a state-of-the-art infrared heater for uniform heating across the room.
Another prominent feature of this heater is its range of heating up to 1000 square feet of room. Also, the vintage and realistic flame can provide you with an excellent ambiance in the bedroom. You can choose between red and orange when you want to switch the color of the LED. In addition, the fireplace is compact with a dimension of 20 x 17 x 10 inches and 15.5 pounds of weight.
- Quiet and silent operation fit for bedroom
- Adjustable thermostat
- Overheat protection system when the temperature is too high
- Compact, portable, and slim design
- Comes with one year of warranty
- Gorgeous dancing flames and burning logs
- Vintage style for your home
- Certified by CSA for safety
- Adjustable temperature from 68 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- Safe to touch while operating
- You can move the heater to the baby room to stay warm
- Lacks remote control functionality
4. Ameriwood Home Lamont Mantel Fireplace
Ameriwood Home Lamont Mantel Fireplace is a laminated MDF particleboard fireplace that can be an excellent addition to your bedroom. This fireplace has a sleek black finish with an updated and modern look. The fireplace controls are also accessible with a touch screen and remote control.
You can choose from two color options, black and white. In addition, this fireplace is 26 inches wide with fantastic flame effects. It can heat up to 400 square feet of a room. Furthermore, the fireplace reaches up to a height of 45 inches. Therefore, the actual dimension of the fireplace is 12.6 x 69.3 x 44.7 inches. The total weight is around 108 pounds.
- Touch screen and remote control
- Patented technology with a realistic flame effect
- Turns off instantly
- Six drawers with adequate space
- Matches with the traditional decor
- The flames are adjustable
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Included mantel
- Each shelf can hold up to 15 pounds of volume
- Lacks TV support
5. Touchstone 80001 – Onyx Electric Fireplace
Touchstone 80001 – Onyx Electric Fireplace is an awesome wall-hanging fireplace that is an excellent addition to your house. The fireplace has a dimension of 50.4 x 5.5 x 21.65 inches and weighs up to 46 pounds. Therefore, it is a very compact and light fireplace that you can use in a bedroom.
Furthermore, this fireplace has awesome and realistic flame effects. You can choose from five flames to suit your mood and room condition. These effects range from a dull ember glow to full blazing lights with adjustable luminosity. In addition, you can choose between two heating options(high and low).
The installation process is relatively straightforward. You can follow the given instructions and single-handedly hang it on the wall with a few screws. In addition, the fireplace is safe to touch, and LEDs are mercury-free.
- Elegant home decor option
- Smoke-free heating experience
- Capable of heating room up to 400 square feet
- Single person can easily install the fireplace
- Clear step by step instructions provided
- Realistic looking log set
- Built-in timer for auto-shutoff
- Tempered glass in the body frame
- Safe and efficient LED technology
- Poor customer support
Thinking of getting something a little different for your bedroom? Here are some factors you need to consider when purchasing a bedroom fireplace.
The most important thing to consider when buying anything is your safety. In this case, you’ll be dealing with high temperatures and fire. Make sure the bedroom has adequate ventilation and that you’ve selected a good location for the fireplace with highly flammable items away from the area.
Furthermore, you need to be extra careful if you have children in your home. Ensure the fireplace you’re buying has an enclosure so no one can access it by hand.
Great interior decoration choices add value to your home. For example, if you’re planning on using the house for commercial purposes, you raise the price by adding cute, unique pieces and furniture. A fireplace increases the probability of someone buying your house and attracts potential businesses.
Make sure to choose a fireplace that compliments the interior of your house. Also, the location of your fireplace is crucial for adding value. Here’s a quick tip; a wooden fireplace adds more value than electric fireplaces.
You should always be aware of energy consumption while buying any product. Also, being aware of the efficiency of the products helps you save up on huge energy bills and maintenance costs.
However, the good news about the bedroom fireplace is that they’re highly efficient in comparison to traditional fireplaces. Also, electric fireplaces take energy efficiency to a whole new level. These modern fireplaces do not lose much heat due to sealed designs.
Make sure to look at the energy ratings of the fireplace before buying. In addition, you can look for reviews about the product’s efficiency.
We don’t recommend fireplaces that can hit hard on your wallet. Create a realistic budget and get a fireplace that is affordable for you. Moreover, going over the budget can create problems like expensive addons and maintenance costs.
1. Are fireplaces safe to use indoors?
While most modern fireplaces are built with indoor safety in mind, you must still be very careful while buying a fireplace. First, make sure that the fireplace has a good rating for indoor usage. Also, installing an indoor fireplace must be done according to provided instructions with the help of professionals, especially if this is your first fireplace.
Using indoor fireplaces has many risks to pets and children. Therefore, you should first make sure the fireplace is inaccessible to pets and kids. In addition, proper ventilation is a must to avoid any accidents in the future.
2. Does an electric fireplace produce gas and fumes?
No, an electric fireplace does not produce gas or fumes while running. Also, electric fireplaces are the safest and most energy-efficient fireplaces out there. Therefore, electric fireplaces are the way to go if you’re worried and have safety issues.
3. Do I have to break my walls while installing a fireplace?
Electric fireplaces are like the standard home decor equipment. You don’t have to reconstruct your whole wall to make room for a new fireplace. Some fireplaces do not require any modifications to your wall because they come with their stand or can be kept on floors.
However, some form of mounting may be required for some fireplaces. Therefore, you have to drill a few holes in your wall at most.
4. Can I keep my TV over the fireplace?
Yes, you can keep your TV over the fireplace. Most modern electric fireplaces are designed with the thought of keeping things on top. In addition, there are unique electric fireplaces that are designed to have a TV above.
However, if you have an old wooden or gas fireplace, you should avoid doing so. The leaking fumes and heat can melt the TV exterior and damage the inside.
5. Can I mount a fireplace on the wall?
Yes, you can mount a fireplace on the wall if you want to. The only thing you need to do is take help from a professional while mounting it. Also, most modern fireplaces have mechanisms allowing mounting on the walls.
Now that we’ve reached the end of the article, we hope to have cleared all the confusion related to bedroom fireplaces. Also, we highly recommend following our buying guide if you’re thinking of buying the best fireplace for your bedroom. In addition, these fireplaces add value to your home for commercial purposes in the near future, so you want to make sure you get the best within your budget. Following our buying guide will ensure that’s the case. Happy shopping!